Wednesday 15 June 2011

Pride & Prejudice (2005)


The movie is based on Jane Austen’s novel about the Bennet family, middle class family, consisting of Mr. and Mrs. Bennet and their five daughters— the beautiful Jane, the clever Elizabeth, the bookish Mary, the immature Kitty and the wild Lydia. The mother Mrs.Bennet is anxious to marry off her five daughters before Mr. Bennet dies. The daughters are brought up with the purpose of getting married with a rich husband that can support the family. However, Elizabeth, the heroine, is convinced that she should never marry unless she feels compelled to do so by true love.


The story begins with the arrival in the neighbourhood of the rich gentleman Mr Bingley, who rents a large house so he can spend the summer in the country. Mr Bingley brings with him his sister and the dashing (and richer) but proud Mr Darcy. Mr. Darcy reluctantly finds himself falling in love with a woman beneath his class, Elizabeth who swears to loathe him forever.

The best part of the movie is when Mr.Darcy runs after Elizabeth in the rain to propose marriage. He claims that he loves her "most ardently," despite her "lower rank." Elizabeth refuses him due to misjudgments, citing his treatment of Jane and Bingley, and of Wickham, and they argue fiercely. Can each overcome their own pride and prejudice?

DARCY: Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you. I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgement, my family’s expectation, the inferiority of your birth, my rank and circumstances – all these things -but I am willing to put them aside and ask you to end my agony

LIZZY: I don’t understand.

DARCY: I love you. Most ardently. Please do me the honor of accepting my hand.

I am a fan of Jane Austen's movies and have watched almost all of famous movies of Jane Austen's novels. And I want to recommend to watch this one "Pride and Prejudice". I particularly like Mr.Darcy's character and the acting of Matthew Macfadyen as Mr.Darcy makes it more vivid, I would say. Even though he is proud, everything he does proves his love towards Elizabeth. The flow of the movie also make me feel like anything more? "Oh is that it?" especially in the ending part. It's really a nice movie worth your time and I had already watched it several times and can even remember some of the conversations in the movie. =P

~~~Watch Trailer~~~



PG, 2 hr. 6 min.

Drama, Romance, Comedy

Directed By: Joe Wright

Written By: Jane Austen(novel),Deborah Moggach

Stars: Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen and Brenda Blethyn


Below are the behind the scene photos- EnjoY!

















No comments:

Post a Comment